One Exhibit. Endless Adventures.
Adventure has a new home in the African Rift Valley. There you'll see giraffes loping through a wide open savannah, a mob of meerkats lounging in the sun, colobus monkeys swinging in the trees—and even a talking baobab tree.
Immerse yourself in up-close animal encounters and interactive learning experiences in this $11 million, award-winning exhibit. It spotlights Cheyenne Mountain Zoo's renowned giraffe herd—the largest at any zoo—in an open space similar to the African thorn savannah. You'll also see zebra, griffin vultures, kori bustards, red river hogs and lesser kudu antelope.
African Rift Valley memory makers:
- Feeding the giraffes. Get eye-to-eye with these gentle giants and discover the thrill of having a long tongue take a treat gracefully from your hand!
- Taking a guided Safari Trail Tour. Venture inside the African Rift Valley. You never know what unexpected encounters you might have on the trail!
- Being captivated by a talking 900-year-old baobab tree replica.
- Watching morning and evening giraffe "stampedes".
- Visiting the research outpost.
- Relaxing at the children's play village.
- Seeing the incredible vistas from the view tower.
- Sneek-a-peek now on the Giraffe Cam.
Safari Trail Tour Details
Days & Times
Four tours depart daily during the summer. Tours are limited to Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays between Labor Day and Memorial Day. Advance reservations are advised.
Plan your next adventure today!