Shadow A Real-Life Zookeeper.
Want to be a Zookeeper for a day? Here's your opportunity to experience caring for animals at Cheyenne Mountain Zoo. Help clean, feed and interact with the animals through one-on-one experiences with a Zookeeper for a full-day or half-day.
Possible Areas Available:
- Encounter Africa (elephants & rhino)
- Upper African Rift Valley (giraffe, okapi, lions)
- Lower African Rift Valley (Colobus monkeys, Red river hogs, zebra, meerkats, vultures, tortoises & more)
- Aquatics (hippos, beavers, penguins, Komodo dragon, Burmese pythons & more)
- Australia & Scutes Family Gallery (wallabies, budgies, reptiles, & domestic farm animals)
- Primate World (orangutans, gorillas, siamangs, tamarins, macaques and naked mole rats)
- Monkeys & Bears (Spectacled bears, Asiatic black bears, gibbons, marmosets, coati's, macaques, and sloths)
- Conservation Highlands (endangered species such as black-footed ferrets, Wyoming toads, tigers & leopards)
- Rocky Mountain Wild (moose, wolves, mountain lions, lynx, river otters & grizzly bears)
Half day (4 hours)
Full day (8 hours plus 1 hour lunch)
For the safety of both the animals and the participant, proof of a negative tuberculosis test taken within the past year is required if working with primates. (This cost is approximately $20.)
We require that you register for a keeper shadow at least one week prior to the date of participation.
E-mail or call 719-424-7874