Spend All Your Time at the Zoo.
If you care about animals as much as we do, we want to hear from you! Browse the list below for current opportunities at the Zoo.
- Download a standard Zoo Job Application (.pdf).
- Follow the instructions included with the job listing to reach the appropriate person and department. (Calling the Zoo is not the best way to reach us about jobs, as we have many departments.)
- Submit your resume to:
- The e-mail address listed with job opening.
- Fax number 719.633.2254. On your cover sheet, indicate the department your information should be given to.
Note: Jobs listed on this web site may be filled at any time and are subject to availability. We try to keep this list current, but jobs may be available that are not listed.
Current Openings (August 2014)
View the available jobs.
Browse Coordinator - September 2014 – September 2015
We are looking to hire a dependable full time staff person to provide fresh tree branches and barked logs to a variety of zoo animals that typically eat a large quantity of browse (leaves, buds, branches and bark) in the wild. Duties include cultivating relationships with land owners in the community; cutting, preparation, and hauling from the collection site, delivering browse to animal areas, and setting up browse in select animal areas.
This full time position is for a one year period, at which time the program outcomes will be evaluated. The position pays $10/hr. with 10 days paid personal time off. See full job description, requirements and how to apply.
Facilities Support Manager
Cheyenne Mountain Zoo is searching for energetic qualified candidates with more than 5 years experience for a department head management position responsible for the maintenance of the Zoo’s entire physical plant, supervising and managing the Facilities Support staff and overseeing all regulatory compliance. View full job description.
Email salary requirements, cover letter, and resume (submissions will not be considered without all three) to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. Zoo application is not necessary.
Facilities Support Apprentice
Cheyenne Mountain Zoo is searching for energetic candidates with 1- 2 years of maintenance experience to support our Facilities Support Department. This is a one-year, fulltime, non-benefited position with a starting hourly wage of $11.50. View full job description.
Email cover letter, and resume (Zoo application not necessary) to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Major Gifts and Planned Giving Manager
Cheyenne Mountain Zoo is searching for an experienced, out-going, creative and multi-talented Major Gifts and Planned Giving Manager. See full job description here.
Send resume, cover letter and salary requirement (submissions will not be considered without all three) to Tracey Gazibara, Vice President, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please no phone calls. A Zoo application is not needed for this position.
Education Program Mentor
Cheyenne Mountain Zoo Education department is looking for creative, enthusiastic, responsible and hardworking individuals interested in environmental education. Education Program Mentors take a leading role in environmental education for toddlers through 12th graders in the Zoo’s overnights, birthday parties, early childhood programs, zoo tours, zoo camp and other programs. The goal of these programs is to instill and foster a lifelong love for nature and animals as well as introduce or develop lifelong passions for activities that tie youth directly to wildlife and/or wild places. Through live animal presentations, games, crafts and Zoo hikes, mentors will help children to teenagers to provide a link between people and nature and meet these program goals. View full job description.
Please forward cover letter, resume to Melanie Sorensen, Director of Education, email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Guest Services Jobs
We are looking for highly dedicated individuals to join the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo Guest Service team. Guest Service positions include: Giraffe feeding cashier, Budgie Buddies Cashier, Tot Train Operator, Pony Ride Cashier, Carousel Operator, Stands Relief, Elephant Feeding Experience Cashier, Golf Cart/tram driver, Mountaineer Sky Ride Operator, Admissions Cashiers, and Parking Attendants. The hours for these positions will range from 20-40 hours per week and will include weekends and holidays. Availability for evening events required.
- Admissions - We are looking for people who want to work in a fast paced guest oriented environment. Must have a great personality and be able to work with all kinds of people. Applicants must be flexible and able to operate computers. Applicants must be interested in building great guest experiences.
- SkyRide - We are looking for attentive, safety and detail oriented people to operate a chairlift ride. Applicants must be comfortable directing guests and checking machinery for safety. Must have positive verbal communication skills and a great personality. Applicants must be interested in building great guest experiences.
- Guest Services - We are looking for friendly and outgoing people to run a carousel, operate a tot train, and sell giraffe feedings & pony rides. Must be able to handle money and make change. Applicants must be interested in building great guest experiences.
- Shuttle Drivers - We are looking for outgoing personality for our shuttle service around the Zoo that will be comfortable talking to guests about the Zoo animals and exhibits.
- Parking - We are looking for good communicators to direct traffic, assist guests, and keep our parking lots safe. Applicants must have a composed and outgoing personality. Must be able to handle chaotic situations with a good attitude. Applicants must be interested in building great guest experiences.
We have begun taking applications. After review we will contact you for an Interview.
Download the Job Application (pdf) and return it to:
Guest Service Jobs - Cheyenne Mountain Zoo
4250 Cheyenne Mountain Zoo Rd.
Colorado Springs, CO 80906
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (No phone calls please)
Food Service and Retail Positions
(Managed by Service Systems Associates/Taste of the Wild Catering)
Seasonal positions may be available. Contact department heads for info.
- Retail Sales Associates
- Food Service Staff
- Catering Staff
- Concession Stand Supervisors
Have time on your hands? Want to do something worthwhile in an exciting, beautiful setting? Come to the Zoo and volunteer. You'll be glad you did. Whether you want to help keep our animals comfortable, help children have a wonderful zoo experience, or work in an office, your efforts are needed. More about adult volunteering...
The Cheyenne Mountain Zoological Society is an Equal Opportunity Institution.