We're Getting Better and Better. Thanks to You.
Thanks to the more than $1,400,000 of critical support you give Cheyenne Mountain Zoo every year, we're able to provide for the animals in our care—and deliver a better Zoo experience for all visitors, all the time.
We deeply appreciate your membership and look forward to having you visit us often. Stay for the day or drop in for an hour. Admission is always free with your membership. And remember... your Zoo is open seven days a week, 365 days a year!
Check out what's new and fun at the Zoo.
It's always a great time to visit the Zoo!
- Encounter Africa
Explore this exciting new exhibit that opened May 1, 2013! Click here for more information.
Welcome the new baby North American porucpine born in May 2013 in Rocky Mountain Wild!
- Baby Gorilla
Come meet "Dembe'" the newest member of our Western Lowland gorilla troop in Primate World, born August 2012!
Visit Jumbe, an Eastern black rhinoceros that is at the Wilgren Elephant Center!
- African Lions
Abuto, a new male lion has joined our pride in Encounter Africa - learn more!
Member E-mail Updates
Sign up to receive our special e-mail updates, The Waterhole.
Stay updated by receiving our e-mail newsletter, The Waterhole. This publication is sent out once a month to keep you informed on our animals, events, promotions and education classes.
Click here to sign up or read it now!
There’s always something new and exciting at the Zoo!
You can also check out all of our Zoo events here.
Summer 2013 Member Events
*Member Appreciation Night - June 12, 2013, 5:30-8:30pm
This night is all about you, our ZOO MEMBERS! Member Appreciation Night is a great opportunity to visit your favorite animals later in evening with your fellow Zoo supporters. Enjoy scheduled keeper talks, animal demonstrations, kids’ activities, and much, much more! Reservations are not required. Stay tuned for the scheduled list of events.
*Members-Only Enrichment Night - July 17, 2013, 5:30-8:30pm
It’s Dinosaur-mania! Watch as select animals receive dinosaur-inspired enrichment items at scheduled times throughout the evening. Enrichment is the process of providing stimulating environments for Zoo animals in order for them to demonstrate their species-typical behavior, to allow them exercise control or choice over their environment, and to enhance their well-being. Reservations are not required. Stay tuned for the scheduled list of events!
*Who can attend members-only events? Anyone who is listed on a membership can attend members-only events. For an Individual Plus membership, the primary card holder and his/her guest is included; for a Family or Grandparent membership, the one or two primary adults and any children listed on the card are included; for Family Plus and higher, any "Plus" people are included (x1 for Family Plus and Contributing, x2 for Conservator and higher). Third Adults can also attend if they are listed on the membership. No guests or one-time use guest passes are admitted to members-only events.
The Sky Ride Day Pass is not applicable to members-only or after-hours events.
For more information, call 719.633.9925, ext. 130 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Discounts, Privileges, and Special Programs
Learn about all special benefits for Zoo members.
As Zoo members, you and your family are entitled to many special privileges and programs.
- Gift shop discount - Save 10% on unique gifts such as the zoo version of Monopoly! Simply present your membership card and photo ID. (Discounts do not include stroller or wagon rentals, sale items, film or food items at any of the concessions.)
- Program discounts - Save on education programs such as WildNights, Zoo birthday parties, camps, classes and more!
- Receive a member discount on tickets to Boo at the Zoo in October!
- Electric Safari - Get FREE unlimited visits to our magnificent holiday celebration during special evening hours in December.
- Mountaineer Sky Ride Day Pass - For just $30, you can add a Sky Ride Day Pass to any membership and ride as much as you like! Click here for details.
- Members Mornings - Beat the crowd every Saturday in June, July and August with early 8:00 a.m. admission for members. One-time use guest passes are not applicable.
Additional special rates on events and activities may apply. Just ask!
Learn all about your key to Zoo member benefits.
- Any time you visit the Zoo, you must present your membership card and a photo ID at the admissions booth. (Children are not required to present a photo ID.)
- Renewing members can also Go Green! Learn more.
- If you lose your membership card, you can replace it for a $5 fee at the gate, over the phone, or through the mail by sending a check and the following information to the Membership Office:
- First and last name(s) of adult member(s)
- ZIP code
- Phone number
- To change your address, e-mail the Membership Office or call 719.633.9925, ext. 130.