Bringing People and Animals Together.
Want to invest some time somewhere that you can make a difference? Volunteers keep Cheyenne Mountain Zoo running smoothly. We rely on them for everything from keeping the animal areas tidy to keeping our offices organized!
If you love animals and want to be a part of connecting animals and people, join our team today.
Three Ways to Volunteer at the Zoo:
1. One day, One-time Volunteer
Simply sign-up and show up for single projects or special events. Visit the Volunteer Opportunities webpage and look for one-time opportunity details within each section, who to contact and how to apply.
Note: One-time opportuniites occur most often for Special Events.
2. Ongoing Volunteer
To be a regular ongoing volunteer at the Zoo, you must:
- Be at least 18 years old. (Teens 12-17 years old, please see our Teen Programs)
- Complete the volunteer application process with the appropriate department for your interest, listed on the Volunteer Opportunities page.
- Attend a mandatory volunteer information meeting and interview.
- Complete mandatory volunteer orientation during which time you will:
- Pay the registration fee of $50.00. (Fee covers a t-shirt, name tag and required background check for one state. If you have lived in multiple states in the past seven years you will pay an additional amount to cover those state background checks.)
- Fill out information for background check.
- Supply proof of a negative tuberculosis test within the past year. (Costs approximately $20.)
- Bring a signed Release and Waiver of Claims form with you to your volunteer orientation.
3. Become a Zoo Docent
The Docent program's goal is to challenge children to care about wildlife and the wild places, by providing an experience they'll remember for a lifetime. Learn more about Cheyenne Mountain Zoo Auxiliary Docents.