Just a Few Rules to Keep Things in Order.
Taking care of so many animals is a huge responsibility. We have a few requirements that help us keep things safe for everyone.
Successfully complete a MANDATORY Volunteer Information Meeting and Interview as well as Volunteer Orientation!
Commitment: 1 day a week (4 hours per week) or 16 hours a month
Shift options: (Help is needed Sunday through Sunday!)9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
To volunteer at the Zoo, you must:
- Be at least 18 years old. (Teens 11-17 years old, please see our Teen Programs)
- Complete the volunteer online application.
- Attend a mandatory Volunteer Information Meeting and Interview.
- Complete mandatory volunteer orientation during which time you will:
- Pay the registration fee of $46.50 (Fee covers a t-shirt, name tag and required background check.)
- Fill out information for background check.
- Supply proof of a negative tuberculosis test within the past year. (Costs approximately $20.)
- Bring a signed Release and Waiver of Claims form with you to your volunteer orientation.
Dates to mark on your calendar for 2013!
These dates are subject to change.
Prerequisite Volunteer Information Meeting:
Date: Saturday - June 15, 2013
Time: 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
After attending the mandatory Information Meeting and pending your acceptance into the Volunteer program, you will be invited to our Volunteer Orientation.:
Date: Saturday - June 22, 2013
Time: 9:05 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.