Come See the Original Creatures of the Night!
Itíll be all treats and no tricks for your little pirates and princesses at this yearís Boo at the Zoo, the regionís most unique Halloween event. Boo at the Zoo is a fun way for families with young children to trick-or-treat and enjoy Halloween festivities in a safe environment, and all of our candy is made with sustainable palm oil to help protect wild orangutans!
Download our FREE Sustainable Palm Oil Shopping Guide App for iPhone and Android - a helpful guide for consumers.
Support the Zoo's efforts to reduce waste by bringing your own trick-or-treat bag from home!
DatesFriday, Saturday and Sunday, October 17-19 and 24-26, and Friday, October 31 - - 7 nights!
4 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. - with the last ticket sold at 7:30 p.m.
Please NOTE: The Zoo will close early for day visits at 3 p.m. on all seven Boo at the Zoo evenings, with the last ticket of the day sold at 2 p.m. Guests must exit the Zoo at 3 p.m. The Zoo will open for Boo at the Zoo at 4 p.m.
Don your costume, bring your trick-or-treat bag and flashlight to the wildest Halloween event in town. It'll be a frightfully good time!
- Haunted fun house and ghoulish graveyard,
- trick-or-treat at spooky treat stations,
- meet the Minions from Despicable Me 2 for a photo op,
- Boo carousel
- Pirates Cove,
- Lighted Pumpkin Patch,
- select animal exhibits are open including: giraffes, Monkey Pavilion, Aquatics, The Loft and Encounter Africa,
- select animal encounters with shows each evening by education interpreters.
Animal Shows and Encounters Schedule for Boo at the Zoo:
Friday (Halloween Night - Oct. 31)
- 5:00 p.m.- Giraffe Pumpkin Enrichment
- 6:00 p.m. - Tricks and Treats Live Animal Show ( Lodge at Moose Lake)
- 6:30 p.m. - Spooky Lion Halloween Enrichment (Lower level - Encounter Africa)
- 7:00 p.m - Tricks and Treats Live Animal Show ( Lodge at Moose Lake)
Boo at the Zoo Guest Map
Download Boo Map PDF
Tickets & Cost
Tickets are sold each night of the event at the Zoo only. Please consider carpooling and arriving early. Prepare for a fun and memorable adventure for the kids...and don't forget to purchase a Boo combo ticket to ride the Mountaineer Sky Ride!
No passes or other coupons accepted. Advance tickets not available. Kids age 2 and under are free. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
$15.25 for ages 3-65
$10.25 for Zoo members
$13.25 Military and over 65
Free for ages 2 and under
Sky Ride - Boo Combo Pricing
$18.25 for ages 3-65
$13.25 for Zoo members
$16.25 Military and over 65
Free for ages 2 and under
*Military discount is offered to all active-duty military, including National Guard and Reserves, and their immediate families, or retired military and their immediate families, any day of the year. A valid Military ID is required.
Boo Pricing for Members
$10.25 per Zoo member
Sky Ride - Boo Combo Pricing for Members
$13.25 per Zoo member
Membership Info and Pre-purchasing (before Boo)
Be sure to have your membership card and photo ID for check in. You will not be able to purchase or renew a membership at Boo at the Zoo—please renew one of the following ways:
- Online You must have a printout of your online order as we cannot ensure your record will be updated in our database.
- Visit Admissions from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. by Thursday, October 30, 2014.
- Visit Admissions from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Friday, October 31, 2014, and all other nights of Boo.
Be sure to have your old membership card or renewal receipt to get member-priced Boo tickets.
*One-time use guest tickets and the Sky Ride Day Pass are not applicable to Boo at the Zoo.
Who qualifies for the member rate? Anyone who is listed on a current membership can get the member rate of $10.25. For an Individual Plus membership, the primary card holder and his/her guest is included; for a Family or Grandparent membership, the one or two primary adults and any children listed on the card are included; for Family Plus and higher, any "Plus" people are included (x1 for Family Plus, x2 for Conservator and higher). Third Adults can also get the member rate if they are listed on the membership. Additional guests who are not included on the membership must pay the non-member rate.
For questions regarding your membership, please call 719-633-9925, ext. 0, or email email@example.com.
Treat Station & Sponsor Information
- If you are interested in sponsoring Boo at the Zoo, please contact Jenny Hillard 719-424-7814 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are interested in a Spooky Treat Station at Boo at the Zoo, please contact Jackie Butterfield 719-424-7847 or email email@example.com.