Come See the Original Creatures of the Night!
Itíll be all treats and no tricks (except the magical kind!) for your little ghosts and goblins at this yearís Boo at the Zoo, the regionís most exclusive Halloween party. The event is a fun way for families with young children to trick-or-treat and enjoy Halloween festivities in a safe and unique environment. All treats are orangutan-friendly too!
View an Orangutan Friendly Sustainable Palm Oil Candy List 2012 - a helpful guide for consumers. Learn more about palm oil.
...So don your costume, bring your trick-or-treat bag and flashlight to the wildest Halloween event in town. It'll be a frightfully good time!
Boo Activities Include:
- Haunted fun house and ghoulish graveyard offer frightful fun!
- Select animal encounters with shows each evening by education interpreters
- Trick-or-treat at 25 spooky treat stations
- Creepy Cave
- Lighted pumpkin patch
- Boo Carousel
- Select animal exhibits are open including giraffes, Monkey Pavilion, Aquatics, The Loft and Lion's Lair!
DatesFriday, Saturday and Sunday, October 19-21 and 26-28, 2012 - - 6 nights!
Time - NEW Extended Hours!
4 p.m.- 9 p.m. - with last ticket sold at 8 p.m.
Please NOTE: The Zoo will close early for day visits at 3 p.m. on all six Boo at the Zoo evenings, with the last ticket of the day sold at 2 p.m. Guests must exit the Zoo at 3 p.m. and can re-enter at 4 p.m. for Boo at the Zoo.
Tickets & Cost
Tickets are sold each night of the event at the zoo only. To make the evening special, please consider carpooling and arriving a bit early. Tickets are also sold on the Free Shuttle (please see shuttle information below). Either way, it'll be a fun and memorable adventure for the kids...and don't forget, you can get a Boo Combo ticket and ride the Mountaineer Sky Ride too! Tickets are sold each night of the event at the zoo only. No passes or other coupons accepted.
No passes or other coupons accepted. Advance tickets not available. Kids under age 3 are free. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
$15 for ages 3-65
$10 for Zoo members
$13 Military and over 65 Senior Discount
Sky Ride - Boo Combo Pricing
$18 for ages 3-65
$13 for Zoo members
$16 Military and over 65 Senior Discount
FREE Shuttle Information
Free Shuttle runs Saturday & Sunday nights of BOO beginning at 5pm!
- Shuttle pick-up located at The Broadmoor Employee Parking Lot, northeast of The Broadmoor, at 1st Street / Holly Avenue.
- Shuttle riders will purchase tickets at this location andhave immediate entrance into the zoo.
- We anticipate parking spots available on zoo grounds and will not be running shuttles on Friday 10/26.
Be sure to have your membership card and photo ID for check in. You will not be able to purchase or renew a membership at Boo at the Zoo—please renew one of the following ways:
- Online by 10 a.m. on Friday, October 26, 2012.
- Call 719-633-9925 x130 by 10 a.m. on Friday, October 26, 2012.
- Visit Admissions from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., October 22 - October 25, 2012.
- Visit Admissions from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Friday, October 26, 2012. Be sure to have your old membership card or renewal receipt to get member-priced Boo tickets.
*One-time use guest tickets and the Sky Ride Day Pass are not applicable to Boo at the Zoo.
Who qualifies for the member rate? Anyone who is listed on a current membership can get the member rate of $10. For an Individual Plus membership, the primary card holder and his/her guest is included; for a Family or Grandparent membership, the one or two primary adults and any children listed on the card are included; for Family Plus and higher, any "Plus" people are included (x1 for Family Plus and Contributing, x2 for Conservator and higher). Third Adults can also get the member rate if they are listed on the membership. Additional guests who are not included on the membership must pay the non-member rate.
For questions regarding your membership, please call 719-633-9925 x130 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Treat Station & Sponsor Information
If you are interested in sponsoring Boo at the Zoo, please contact Tracey Gazibara 719-633-9925, ext. 153
If you are interested in a Spooky Treat Station at Boo at the Zoo, please contact Katie White 719-633-9925, ext. 147
Star Wars Invades Sky Ride!
Top of the Sky Ride Events During BOO
The stars will align at the top of the Sky Ride as the Empire, Rebels and Mandalorian Mercs join forces to create the ultimate Star Wars experience, along with several additional Treat Stations.
Take the seven-minute Sky Ride to the top to reach this unique Star Wars experience thatís out of this world:
- Photo ops with Star Wars characters in front of realistic backdrops of the Empire and Rebel Legion.
- Darth Vader and Princess Leia will make special appearances on both Saturdays (Oct. 20 and 27)
- Gonk Droid, new to BOO this year, will be available for photos all six nights.
- Experience what it’s like to be on the set of a Star Wars film as a mechanically engineered R2D2 comes to life and a lightsaber show illuminates the night.
- A slideshow mixed with Star Wars music and sound effects will play throughout the evening.
- Guests will have the opportunity to view helmets and various movie weapon replicas on display.
COST: Sky Ride/Boo Combo Tickets are only $3 extra.
May the Force be with You!
Call (719)633-9925 ext. 111 or email email@example.com