Oversized Fun for Oversized Imaginations.
Giant climbable mushrooms. Live rabbits in the garden. Oversized chairs. Big, crawl-through snakes. And jumbo flowers. My Big Backyard, Cheyenne Mountain Zoo's touch-and-see family area, is full of colossal surprises to spark kids' imaginations.
Located in the heart of the Zoo, My Big Backyard provides kids of all ages creative, hands-on experiences in the great outdoors.
- Mix and mingle with smaller animals such as rabbits, turkeys, chickens, a pot bellied pig, a tarantula and dwarf goats in our petting zoo.
- Go wild in our one-of-a-kind, nature-themed playground, which features big ants, a crawl-through snake and giant climbable mushrooms.
- Watch the giant koi swimming in an outdoor pond.
- Climb Old Gnarly, our Colorado Habitat Tree
- Visit an authentic tree house cabin.
All of this—and more—encourages kids to use their imaginations outdoors, either in My Big Backyard or in their own backyard.
Find out when My Big Backyard animal shows and talks happen!
Days & Times
Open daily, weather permitting
May 1 - Labor Day: 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Sept, Oct, Apr, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Nov - March: 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.